Saturday, August 6, 2016

Your Neighbors

Today, as I walked my dog down my street, I thought about each of my neighbors. Nothing profound but collectively, it reminded me of Our Town, the classic play about Life Typical, in which you leave the theatre with greater appreciation of our everyday lives and the people in them.

Although I've lived in my house for 40 years now, I know little about my neighbors. But thinking about them today has, for me, added humanness to a block that's like an egg crate--each of us in our own separate compartment and covered up.

My PsychologyToday.com article today offers my thoughts about my neighbors. Those snippets might contain a takeaway for your life or encourage you to reveal more about yourself to your neighbors or to ask them about themselves.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online